The World Beneath nominated for International Thriller Writers award!

worldbeneath_ds

“The World Beneath” was nominated for the Best Ebook Original Novel award by International Thriller Writers. The winner will be chosen at Thrillerfest in New York in July.

I’m nominated with a wonderful group of writers and books: J.G. Faherty for “The Burning Time, ” Joshua Graham for “Terminus,” James Lepore and Carlos Davis for “No Dawn for Men,” and  Luke Preston for “Out of Exile.” Congratulations to all!

International Thriller Writers has always had a very special place in my heart. I was part of their Debut Author program when my first novel was published, and I’ve made many friends through the organization over the years.  For me, it’s been the best writing organization I belong to. I’ve been constantly struck the by kindness and generosity of the writers there–some of the biggest names in writing and some of my literary heroes. And to actually be nominated for one of their very prestigious awards has knocked my socks off!

Sure, my feet are cold without socks, but it’s worth it!

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “The World Beneath nominated for International Thriller Writers award!” Subscribe

1. Suzanne Denn May 17, 2014 at 12:03 pm #

I absolutely loved this book. It was particularly interesting because I used to ride the NYC Subway every day. I can’t wait till the sequel comes out.

• Rebecca Cantrell May 17, 2014 at 1:19 pm #

Thanks! I’m hoping to have #2 out by the end of the year.

2. Stacy mantle May 26, 2014 at 10:44 pm #

Huge congratulations to you Rebecca! I am reading it right now love it! I took a break to find the Victorian house online (or to see if it really existed) and found your site. I hope you win the ITW award – I’m an editor for their newsletter and would love to write about any of your future news, so please keep in touch. It was nice to meet you the last time you were in Scottsdale (I’m the one who showed up the signing with Bree, my dog). I’m sure you can imagine how happy I was to see that Edison made the cut in this novel. Keep up the brilliant work!

• Rebecca Cantrell May 27, 2014 at 3:40 am #

Thanks, Stacy! I remember Bree–she was pretty darn cute. Jim was in love. :)

I will keep on writing about Edison, never fear! He’s too great not to.

• Stacy mantle May 27, 2014 at 10:32 pm #

I keep telling Jim he needs to bring his pups on tour! Next time, I’ll have to bring along my “Cog” (cat who thinks she’s a dog) the next time you’re in town. ;) She’s harness trained and has even attended a signing for my novel, Shepherds Moon.
        Looking forward to your next novels! I’m so glad you’re a fast writer – no waiting impatiently for the next in the series which is great for readers! (You’ll have to do a blog post on your tricks for getting such great novels out so quickly!)

• Rebecca Cantrell May 28, 2014 at 12:01 am #

I think it wouldn’t be fun for the dogs. We’re basically in airports and on planes going through security every single day. I wouldn’t put a dog through that. A co-author on the other hand… :)

A Cog? I’ve always wished I could harness train Twinkle, but she is not interested at all. That’s a cool trick.

I feel like I’m such a slow writer, so it’s good to hear otherwise. Nowadays folks seem to be writing 4 books a year, and I only manage two.